Start a Hunger Games Minecraft Server
Last modified on Jun 9, 2022 in gametypes
|Hunger Games||Unknown Version||Checkout|
Setup Time: 5 – 10 Mins
Setup Difficulty: Easy
Players: 2 – 30
Playing minigames is just one of the great ways to enjoy Minecraft. Many Minecraft players have played on popular servers such as Hypixel & experienced a variety of minigames. As minigames are one of the highest demanding gametypes for servers, our newest addition, Hunger Games, is available on our one-click installer. Hunger Games is known as one of the most enjoyable games within Minecraft. This minigame became quite popular upon the release of the first Hunger Games movie and this specific gametype mixes two important features, Free For All (FFA) & Adventuring. The arenas feature large maps & constructions, allowing players to rely on their own strategy and skills, with the goal of winning the games. With Apex Hosting, you can install Hunger Games with a few clicks and we will be walking you through all of the steps on how to do this, along with a detailed description of how to use the gametype!.
How to install Hunger Games
- Navigate to your Apex server panel.
- Stop your server.
- Backup any important worlds or files to your own computer through the FTP File Access
- On the main panel page, press ‘Reset Server Files” in the bottom left.
- Select all files, then enter “reset” to confirm. This will remove all files on the server.
Now the server is empty and ready for the premade gametype to be installed!
- Navigate to your Apex server panel.
- Ensure the server is stopped, which should occur after the previous reset.
- In the JAR File list, select “Hunger Games 1.16.5 (premade)”
- Press “Change Version” when prompted, then click “Use Included World” afterwards.
- Finally, click on “Restart Now” to load the gametype.
- Done! Now just load up Minecraft 1.16.5 and join your server to start playing Hunger Games.
How to use Hunger Games
Upon installing the Survival Games game type on your server you’ll login to our main lobby area. This will show you some basic information about the plugins that the server uses, as well as showing a list of the current maps installed and a brief description of each.
Once you’ve gotten a feel for the server and how it works, you’re welcome to right-click one of the arena mascots to join a game! After that, it’s all automated and should be good to go essentially right when you join! All the maps will start once 4 players have joined and after the game starts there will be a 5 second grace period, during which you cannot injure other players. Once there are 3 players left, lightning will start to strike near them to indicate where they are on the map. You can also enable the deathmatch feature in the Survival Games plugin configuration file. This will transport the players to the center of the map. However, this is disabled by default. After this, you’re ready to get in, play, and survive!
EA map based on the dangerous area known for the reactor meltdown that led to many catastrophes in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant.
An arena based on an island thematic map, in which players find themselves on a Large main island connected to multiple sub-islands, Ships can also be found in the area.
A map based on an unknown location, players have no knowledge about this land, all the players know
is that they are lost.
A map based on an abandoned city, old tales say there was once a civilization in this city
The following groups are also included within the setup: Member, Mod, Admin.
Tribute – By default, everyone will join as the Tribute rank. This will allow them to play the games but not edit them or have any extra perms.
Mod – Has the ability to ban, kick & mute players. Mods can’t edit maps.
Admin – Has every permission.
All of the permissions are set up, each rank has the appropriate permissions to interact with the respective plugins, you don’t need to worry about setting up, you would only need to join the server & let the games begin!
The ranks can be edited using PermissionsEX.
/hg list - List all players currently in the same arena as you. /hg listgames - Lists all current arenas available. /hg leave - Leave the current arena you are in, returning to the lobby. /hg kit
- Provides the player with a kit, selected upon first spawning into the arena. /hg join - Allows a player to join an arena from the lobby.
- Spectates an ongoing arena without disturbing active players. /hg stop - Stop a specific arena or all arenas at once. /hg wand - Provides the wand to create a new arena. /hg create - Create a new game arena. /hg addspawn - Add spawns in the newly created arena, must be equal to or greater than max players. /hg chestrefill - Adds a chest refill time to the arena. Set the time to 0 to cancel. /hg chestrefillnow - Will immediately refill all loot chests within an arena. /hg debug - Run this command after making the new arena to check for anything missed. /hg setlobbywall - After the arena is made, place 3 signs horizontally on a wall, then run this command on the far-left one to make the lobby signs. /hg bordercenter - Set the border center for the arena where you are standing. /hg bordersize - Sets the final border size for the arena. /hg bordertimer - Will set the time for the arena border to start and stop shrinking. /hg setexit - Will set the exit point for the arena. /hg forcestart - Force start an arena, even if there aren’t enough players. /hg toggle - This will toggle a lock on the arena, preventing players from joining. /hg team - Will invite someone to team up with you and teleport to the team members. /hg reload - Reloads the HungerGames config files.
The Hunger Games plugin, HungerGames is a simple yet fun, and very lightweight PvP arena system.
It provides advanced kits, spawns, and a very simple arena setup. If you've never heard of the books/movies HungerGames, it's basically free for all. You must hunt for food and items, and attempt to kill others before they kill you. The last man standing wins!
Unlike some HungerGames plugins, this one does not require you to set up a whole server for the game. You can just easily set up multiple arenas anywhere in the world.
You can find the Wiki page here
EssentialsX – Essentials gives us the basic necessities for running the server.
HolographicDisplays – HolographicDisplays Provides the holograms around the server.
Multiverse (Core) – Allows for multiple worlds to be connected in one physical server.
PermissionsEx -: PermissionsEX (PEX) Handles all the Permissions of each plugin.
ProtocolLib – ProtocolLib is used to modify Minecraft directly in tandem with Hunger Games to allow the plugin to work. ProtocolLib is necessary to perform tasks that can be impossible to do with the standard Bukkit API.
TitleManager – TitleManager is a useful plugin for such things as configuring a pop-up welcome message upon players joining your server, or making your tab list show more information regarding your server.
Vault – Stores various data as well as allowing plugins to hook into one another and work as a conglomerate.
ViaVersion – Allows newer versions of Minecraft to connect to older server types.
World Edit – A Useful building tool.
WorldGuard – WorldGuard controls the protection of the spawn area.
It’s time to enhance your Minecraft experience with Hunger Games! This minigame is the perfect way to spend a fun time with friends. Since most of the games can last more than 20 minutes, you can create an unique adventure within each game. Hunger Games can be added to your server easily with our one-click installer and as with every premade setup we have, there is little to no configuration/development knowledge needed. However, don’t forget that your server will only be able to support one premade minigame/gametype at a time. If you want to have multiple different gametypes on your Minecraft server, check out our guide on setting up a Bungeecord network here.
How To Make a Hunger Games Server With Apex Hosting
- Select your server package from our pricing page
- On the ‘Configure Your Server’ page, complete the required fields
- Under ‘Server Version’, select your version from the dropdown list
- Complete the order and your Hunger Games server will be created instantly