How To Install And Use the Minecraft Vault Plugin
Last modified on Nov 1, 2021 in plugins
Vault is used on nearly every server for storing various data as well as allowing plugins to hook into one another. There is little to no configuration to be done here as Vault is mostly an install and forget type of plugin that allows your server to function normally. There are a variety of reasons your server will require Vault, if you want your users/groups to have prefixes, if you want an economy and shops, if you need a plugin to configure permissions, you will need Vault.
You can get Vault from a few places including Bukkit, Spigot, and our plugin list from the game panel. These pages include the downloads and a full description of this plugin. Installing Vault is easier than ever before, and we will teach you how you can get this for your server.
How to install Vault
Install through the panel
- Make sure your server is running Bukkit, Spigot, or Paper. You can check this in the jar dropdown on the game panel dashboard.
- To the left of the game panel, press the Plugins List tab.
- Type in “Vault” in the name search and scroll until you find it. Then click on it to open the download page.
- At the bottom of the page, check the version you have selected. It’s good to cross reference this to the official Bukkit or Spigot page.
- Find the correct version from the version dropdown, select it and press install.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. You can check if the plugin was installed successfully by typing “pl” into console.
Install through FTP
- Go to the official Vault page on Bukkit and click on the File tab.
- Find the update that is compatible with your server version and press the download icon.
- Head to the Game Panel and click FTP File Access to the left of the panel.
- Once you login to the FTP File Access you will see a list of your files. Open the plugins folder and click “Upload” to the top left of the page.
- Drag your plugin over to the right side of the page and wait for it to reach 100%.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. The plugin should now be installed. You can check this by typing “pl” into console.
How to use Vault
Vault is essentially an install and then done plugin. This plugin doesn’t require any further configuration nor are there commands you will need to use for it.
As Vault is just an API for developers to hook into their plugins, this doesn’t require much from you besides simply installing it. There are thousands of plugins that rely on Vault in order to properly function. If you want to have an economy, ranks, or have plugins that use permissions on your server, it is highly likely that you need Vault. Just a few of the plugins that use Vault include EssentialsX, PermissionsEx, LuckPerms, ShopGUIPlus, Citizens, and much more. It’s always safe to install it just in case one of your plugins use it.