Minecraft ChestShop Plugin
Last modified on Dec 13, 2021 in plugins
This is a plugin used across a variety of servers in a variety of ways. It allows your everyday player to create a shop that they can then link to a sign and chest in order to sell or buy any items within the game. For a prison server this can be useful if you’d like to allow players to buy their own plots and set up shop in order to make more money or if you’d like them to be able to set up shops inside their cells.
How to install Chestshop
Installing through the panel
- Make sure your server is running Bukkit, Spigot, or Paper. You can check this in the jar dropdown on the game panel dashboard.
- To the left of the game panel, press the Plugins List tab.
- You can search for the plugin by the name, Chestshop.
- At the bottom of the page, check the version you have selected. It’s good to cross reference this to the official Bukkit page.
- Find the correct version from the version dropdown, select it and press install.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. You can check if the plugin was installed successfully by typing “pl” into console.
Installing through FTP
- Go to the official plugin page on Bukkit and click on the File tab.
- Find the update that is compatible with your server version and press the download icon.
- Head to the Game Panel and click FTP File Access to the left of the panel.
- Once you login to the FTP File Access you will see a list of your files. Open the plugins folder and click “Upload” to the top left of the page.
- Drag your plugins over to the right side of the page and wait for it to reach 100%.
- Head back to the Game Panel and restart your server. The plugin should now be installed. You can check this by typing “pl” into console.
How to use Chestshop
- Put a sign above a chest.
- The first line of the sign will be automatically filled with your name by the plugin.
- The second line of the sign needs to list the amount of items to buy or sell at once.
- The third line is a combination of buy and sell prices for example you could simply type “B 10: 5 S” which would list the buy and sell prices for whatever you were selling.
- The fourth and final line of the sign needs to be the name or ID of the item. You can write “?” on the sign and the item will be auto filled with the one from the chest or you can click on the sign with the item afterwards.
Chestshop is a great addition to any plot server. It adds a player fueled economy, allowing a new route to peruse. Buy and sell as you please. Give your server a little laissez-faire.