How To Use Cauldron On Your Minecraft Server
Last modified on Mar 8, 2021 in Control Panel
Having mods or plugins is an excellent way to bring excitement to your Minecraft server. While mods and plugins are both great, by default they are not compatible with each other. If you want mods on your server, you won’t be able to use plugins and vise versa. There may be some features you want your server to have that you can’t find any mods for, or you may want to add some features that don’t require installation client side. With Cauldron, you can have both. While this is a great way to have both mods and plugins, it is only compatible with Minecraft 1.7.10 and 1.6.4. With a few steps, you can install Cauldron onto your Minecraft server and we will show you how.
For servers running 1.7.10, it’s recommended to use Thermos as it introduced many performance improvements compared to Cauldron 1.7.10. You can find a guide on installing Thermos here.
How to install Cauldron
- Go to the game panel and stop the server
- In the jar dropdown, you are going to see two versions of Cauldron, 1.6.4 and 1.7.10. Make sure to only switch to the version that your Forge was previously running.
- It is recommended that you reset the world when doing this to avoid corruption. You can find our guide on creating a new world here.
- Save and restart the server.
- How to add plugins
- Make sure that you always check that the plugin version is compatible with your version of Cauldron and whether or not it has any dependency plugins. If you are missing a dependency, the plugin will not work.
Installing through the Panel
- To the left of the game panel, press the Plugins List tab.
- You can search for a plugin you’re interested by category, name, description or its status. Once you find the one you want, click the name to open the plugin page.
- At the bottom of the page, check the version you have selected. It’s good to cross-reference this to the official Bukkit or Spigot page. Make sure you are downloading the correct update for the version of Cauldron you are running.
- Find the correct version from the version dropdown, select it and press install.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. You can check if the plugin was installed successfully by typing “pl” into the console.
Installing through FTP
Downloading the plugin
- The plugin needs to come from Spigot, Bukkit, or the Author’s official webpage.
- Once you search for the plugin you want on one of these sites, you will need to confirm that there is a version compatible with your version of Cauldron. On Bukkit, you can find this from the File tab while on Spigot it will display it at the top of the page after “Tested Minecraft Versions:”.
- Once you make sure that the plugin version is made for the version of Cauldron you chose, press download.
Uploading to the server
- Head to the Game Panel and stop the server.
- Click FTP File Access to the left of the panel.
- Once you login to the FTP File Access you will see a list of your files. Open the plugins folder and click “Upload” to the top left of the page.
- Drag your plugins over to the right side of the page and wait for it to reach 100%.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. The plugin should now be installed. You can check this by typing “pl” into the console.
Server is crashing after adding Cauldron
If your server is crashing after you add Cauldron, it may be that you are using some mods that are not compatible with it. Some of the main known mods that don’t work with Cauldron are MobiusCore, FastCraft, and Opis. If you find any of these in the mods folder, it’s best to delete them.
Plugins not working
If you have added plugins and they don’t work, you need to check a few things. Make sure that they are the correct version for the Cauldron you chose, they are in the plugins folder and not the mods folder or another directory, and that you aren’t missing dependency plugins.
Server is stuck loading
Many times when modifying the server, the server will need to be confirmed before it will fully start. This happens a lot especially when you remove or add mods. Most of the time in the console, you will see Missing Mod Id’s errors. All you need to do to resolve this is type /fml confirm in the console.