How to Install and Use the Thermos Plugin
Last modified on Jun 9, 2022 in Control Panel
Having mods or plugins is an excellent way to bring excitement to your Minecraft server. While mods and plugins are both great, by default they are not compatible with each other. If you want mods on your server, you won’t be able to use plugins and vise versa. There may be some features you want your server to have that you can’t find any mods for, or you may want to add some features that don’t require installation client side. With Thermos, you can have both. While this is a great way to have both mods and plugins, it is only compatible with Minecraft 1.7.10. With a few steps, you can install Thermos onto your Minecraft server and we will show you how.
How to install Thermos
- Go to the game panel and stop the server
- Navigate to the jar dropdown and select Thermos. This will not delete your current mods.
- It is recommended that you reset the world when doing this to avoid corruption. You can find our guide on creating a new world here
- Save and restart the server.
How to add plugins
Make sure that you always check that the plugin version is compatible with 1.7.10 and whether or not it has any dependency plugins. If you are missing a dependency, the plugin will not work.
Installing through the Panel
- To the left of the game panel, press the Plugins List tab.
- You can search for a plugin you’re interested by category, name, description or its status.
- Once you find the one you want, click the name to open the plugin page.
- At the bottom of the page, check the version you have selected. It’s good to cross reference this to the official Bukkit or Spigot page. Make sure you are downloading the correct version for 1.7.10.
- Find the correct version from the version dropdown, select it and press install.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. You can check if the plugin was installed successfully by typing “pl” into console.
Installing through FTP
Downloading the plugin
- The plugin needs to come from Spigot, Bukkit, or the Author’s official webpage.
- Once you search for the plugin you want on one of these sites, you will need to confirm that there is a version compatible with 1.7.10. On Bukkit, you can find this from the File tab while on Spigot it will display it at the top of the page after “Tested Minecraft Versions:”.
- Once you make sure that the version is for 1.7.10, press download.
Uploading to the server
- Head to the Game Panel and stop the server.
- Click FTP File Access to the left of the panel.
- Once you login to the FTP File Access you will see a list of your files. Open the plugins folder and click “Upload” to the top left of the page.
- Drag your plugins over to the right side of the page and wait for it to reach 100%.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. The plugin should now be installed. You can check this by typing “pl” into console.
Server is crashing after adding Thermos
If your server is crashing after you add Thermos, it may be that you are using some mods that are not compatible with it. Some of the main mods that don’t work with Thermos are MobiusCore, Opis, and FastCraft. If you find any of these in the mods folder, it’s best to delete them.
Plugins not working
If you have added plugins and they don’t work, you need to check a few things. Make sure that they are the correct version 1.7.10, they are in the plugins folder and not the mods folder or another directory, and that you aren’t missing dependency plugins.
Server is stuck loading
Many times when modifying the server, the server will need to be confirmed before it will fully start. This happens a lot especially when you remove or add mods. Most of the time in the console, you will see Missing Mod Id’s errors. All you need to do to resolve this is type
/fml confirm in the console.
Chat not working or getting disconnected when attempting to chat
If when trying to use in-game chat, players are getting disconnected or it is simply not working, you need to check your mods folder for colorchat.jar. This mod is not compatible with Thermos and will cause this issue. Delete it from your client and the server. You can then restart the server and it should be fixed.
How to add plugins through FTP
How to add plugins through the panel