How To Add Plugins To Your Minecraft Server
Last modified on Apr 29, 2022 in plugins
With your Apex Minecraft server, you can quickly add plugins to a Craftbukkit server with just a few steps. What plugins for Minecraft you choose to add is entirely at your discretion; if you’re just starting out and not sure what plugins you should install, check out our list of recommended plugins, ideal for the majority of public Minecraft servers. When you look to add Bukkit plugins, ensure your server is running some form Bukkit, whether you it is Paper, Spigot, or Craftbukkit. Without this, your server will not run the plugins you install.
Installing through the panel
NOTE: Before adding plugins you need to ensure your server is running some form of Craftbukkit, otherwise they will not work.
- Make sure your server is running Bukkit, Spigot, or Paper. You can check this in the jar dropdown on the game panel dashboard.
- To the left of the game panel, press the Plugins List tab.
- You can search for the plugin you’re interested in either by category, name, description or its status. Once you find the one you are looking for, click on it to open the download page.
- At the bottom of the page, check the version you have selected. It’s good to cross reference this to the official Bukkit or Spigot page.
- Find the correct version from the version dropdown, select it and press install.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. You can check if the plugin was installed successfully by typing “pl” into console.
#In Game Admin Command /reload #In Control Panel Console Command reload
To further confirm that the plugin has loaded onto the server you can head to the server console and type in the “pl” command to list all active plugins. If the respective plugin shows as green, you’re good to go. If it’s red then there was an issue when trying to load it; for more information you will need to review the console or server log on the details or contact Apex support for a consultation.
#In Game Admin Command /pl #In Control Panel Console Command pl
Installing through FTP
- Go to the official plugin page on Bukkit or Spigot and click on the File tab.
- Find the update that is compatible with your server version and press the download icon.
- Head to the Game Panel and click FTP File Access to the left of the panel.
- Once you login to the FTP File Access you will see a list of your files. Open the plugins folder and click “Upload” to the top left of the page.
- Drag your plugins over to the right side of the page and wait for it to reach 100%.
- Head back to the Game Panel and restart your server. The plugin should now be installed. You can check this by typing “pl” into console.
To see our recommended plugins to use for your server take a look at our tutorial.
With your Apex Hosting control panel, adding plugins to your server is an easy process. Plugins are a single click install away. Customize your server to your heart’s content. Check out our other plugin guides for help on finding the perfect plugin for your server!