Plugin Installation Addon
Last modified on Aug 4, 2021 in General
One of the most exciting features of Minecraft is the ability to customize it past the normal Vanilla version. Plugins are just the way to do this. With plugins, you can add all sorts of custom features to your server including new minigames, gamemodes, commands, and more. Here at Apex, our team has created many premade gamemodes/minigames that you can install with one click. However, maybe many server owners want to create your own custom server. Installing plugins can be pretty easy, but there are some complications to it such as the plugin version, dependency plugins, configuration, and more. Setting up groups is one of the sections in server development that gives many people trouble. This is why we have created the Plugin Installation Addon. With this addon, you are able to send us a list of plugins along with rank configurations for up to 5 permission groups and we will set it up for you. This will also enable us to assist in the configuration of Dynmap, BungeeCord, and Votifier Config. In this guide, we will be breaking down how you can get the addon and how to use it.
Please note that mods and plugins are not compatible with each other. The only way to have both is if you are running a 1.7.10 or 1.6.4 modpack that has Thermos or Cauldron installed. You can find our guide on installing Thermos here and a guide on installing Cauldron here.
The Plugin Installation Addon is a one-time fee of $15.00.
Getting the addon
When you order a server, you will see the addons as an option during the checkout process. If you already own a server, the instructions on adding it are below.
- Head to your billing area on the Apex website.
- Click on the services box.
- To the bottom left, click on “View Available Addons”.
- Locate “Plugin Installation” and click on “Order Now”.
- Once you finish checking out, you will receive an email with instructions on how to use it.
Using the Addon
Once you order the addon, you will receive an email that breaks down how to use it.
- In the billing area, click on the “Tickets” tab.
- Once you are on the tickets page, press “Open Ticket” to the bottom left.
- You should see a list of different tickets categories, choose “Plugin Installation Addon”.
- Under Game Version, select the version you will want your server to run.
- In the Plugin Link List section, it is important that you grab links from a trusted site such as Bukkit.
- When choosing plugins, you must check that the plugin has a compatible version for your Minecraft Server. You also must check for any dependency plugins, you can do this by clicking on the “Relations” tab.
- For each plugin you want, copy the URL from your browser and paste it into the ticket.
- You are allowed to submit up to 5 permission groups. You can copy and paste the format for another group, up to 5.
- Once you finish the permission groups, go ahead and submit a ticket.
Adding plugins to your server is the perfect way to customize it. Although knowing all of the small details when adding them is another story. That is why with this addon you can have our staff team do it for you! With our expertise, you are just one step closer to building your dream server.