Start A Kit PvP Server
Last modified on Jun 9, 2022 in gametypes
Setup Time: 10 – 15 Mins
Setup Difficulty: Intermediate
Kit PVP is a server variation that specializes in PVP (Player vs Player). The players must choose from a pre-set category of kits, each with their own unique items. They use these kits to fight against each other, often earning points and reputation.
Here at Apex Hosting, the installation of the Kit PvP game type is as easy as selecting the version from the drop-down bar on your Multicraft Control panel! Once you’ve selected it simply restart your server and you’ll be good to go and ready to play.
How to Install Kit PVP on a Server:
- Navigate to your Apex Server Panel and turn off your server.
- (Optional) Download any files you require using the FTP File Access, as it is recommended to remove all files before using a premade version.
- Press Reset Server Files in the bottom-left, check All Server Files, then press Reset Server.
- Type in “reset”, then press enter. This will remove all server files and they cannot be recovered.
- Navigate to the Apex Server Panel and ensure the server is still turned off.
- Scroll to the “Jar File” section, then use the menu dropdown to search for and select the KitPVP Premade version.
- Press ‘Change Version’, use the included world, then restart the server when prompted.
- The server will now install and start with the premade version!
The main hub has 3 big portals that will take you to the 3 arenas we have premade. You can easily add as many arenas as you like.
/kp - View information about Kit PvP /kp help - Help information /kp reload - Reload config /kp spawn - Teleport to spawn /kp create [kitname] - Create a kit /kp delete [kitname] - Delete a kit /kp kits - List all kits /kp kit [kitname] - Choose a kit /kp clear - Clear current kit /kp menu - Kits menu /spawn - Alternate to /kp spawn /kits - Alternate to /kp kits /kit [kitname] - Alternate to /kp kit [kitname] /stats - Alternate to /kp stats
We have kepts the ranks to only Fighter, Mod, and Admin to prevent any unfair advantages between players. The details of the ranks are as following:
Fighter – This is the default rank given to all players.
Mod – This is a staff rank with basic moderation perms like ban, kick, mute etc. Mods can not edit the gamemode.
Admin – This rank has all of the permissions and abilities in the game.
The included ranks can be edited using the PEX plugin.
The kits can be completely customized, as well as adding your own new ones using an example kit we provide!
Custom Jumppads – Custom JumpPads is a super-smart JumpPads plugin featuring independent JumpPads with power level, angles, and more.
Kit PvP – KitPvP has awesome features like Custom Kits, Custom Abilities, Kit Previewing, Kill Streaks, and much more, with no dependencies!
OldCombatMechanics – Sets PvP back to the pre-1.9 update style.
TitleManager – Adds floating messages, a header/footer for your player list and a scoreboard sidebar.
Void Spawn – This plugin will teleport players to spawn when they enter the void.
Advanced Portals – A custom portal plugin designed to create and edit portals, destinations, and more.
EssentialsX – One of the most popular server plugins, providing numerous gameplay commands, such as /sethome.
Holographic Displays – Allows floating text to be displayed throughout the server.
Multiverse – A mod which allows multiple worlds to be loaded on a single server, used for the individual arenas.
PermissonsEX – Allows the creation of permission ranks on the server, deciding which players receive which commands.
Worldedit – Uses commands to create large structures or terraforming easily.
Vault API – A dependency for other mods to run, displays prefixes in chat and is used for an economy.
My server isn’t turning on:
Often, this occurs when an existing world is being loaded up by the server. When using the premade versions, it is highly recommended to perform a factory reset ahead of time to prevent this from happening. If you have important files, ensure you download them to your computer first before performing the reset.
I can’t use any owner commands:
By default, a user will not have access to any commands aside from the KitPVP ones. To give yourself all commands, navigate to your Apex Server Panel, then access the console on the left. In there, enter the “op YourUsername” command. For example, op smattox, which will give you every command.
How To Make a KitPVP Server With Apex Hosting
- Select your server package from our pricing page
- On the ‘Configure Your Server’ page, complete the required fields
- Under ‘Server Version’, select your version from the dropdown list
- Complete the order and your KitPVP server will be created instantly