How to Download a Satisfactory Server World
By Nathan Young
Accidents happen, even on Satisfactory servers. You could take a wrong step and fall off a cliff, or accidentally break one of your production lines. Having a backup of your save is a good way to fix these problems without having to start over from scratch. A lot of games make downloading server saves a bit difficult. Thankfully, the team over at Coffee Stain Studios has done what they can to make managing a Satisfactory server much easier than other games. This includes downloading your save for use as a backup or in Singleplayer. While the server creates regular backups by default, having an extra copy of your save on your local machine is always a good idea if there is ever an accident. Here is a quick guide on how to download your server’s save using the Internal source: Apex Hosting control panel.
Locating the File Name
Before you can download your save, you will need to know the name of it first. You can find this pretty easily from inside the game.
- Start the game and click on the Server Manager menu option.
- With the manager open, click on your server, then click on the Manage Saves option.
- A list of your available saves will appear in the menu. Each save will have a date and time stamp.
- Locate the latest save and make a note of the name. In our example above the latest save is called
Once you have noted the name of the save you can head over to your control panel to start downloading the file.
Downloading the Save File
Downloading the save file isn’t too different from managing other files in the server’s control panel. It can be done by following the steps below.
- Navigate to your server’s control panel and login.
- Click on the FTP File Access tab in the menu on the left side of the page and login using your Control Panel password.
- From the FTP page, click on the following folders to navigate to the saves:
.config > Epic > FactoryGame > Saved > SaveGames > server
- Once you make it to the server folder you should see a list of files. These will be your server’s saves.
- Click on the file with the name of your save. Your browser should start downloading the save for you immediately.
Using Your Save in SinglePlayer
Loading your save in a SinglePlayer game is almost as easy as downloading it from the server. All you need to do is place it in your PCs saves folder. Here is a quick walkthrough on how to do it.
- Navigate to your AppData folder. If you do not know where this is, you can open it by pressing the
Windows Key + Ron your keyboard and typing
%appdata%into the new dialogue box that appears.
- Once you are in the AppData folder, navigate to
Local > FactoryGame > Saved > SaveGames
- You will see a folder inside with a bunch of numbers for the name. Open it up and drop your server’s save file inside of it.
The server save will appear in your list of singleplayer saves the next time you start up the game. You may select that just like you would with anything else, but you may review our dedicated guide here to upload and use the new save.
The panel won’t download my save
This most often happens if the file is too big to be downloaded through the panel. The simplest alternative is to connect to your server using an FTP Client like FileZilla and download the file that way. The process once connected to the server is almost identical to using the panel.
I can’t login to FTP File Access
The FTP page uses the same password as your control panel. You can find this password in the welcome email you received when you first purchased the server. Alternatively, Your panel password can be reset here.