Kicked by an Operator Message in Minecraft
Last modified on Nov 8, 2021 in Server Errors
You may have experienced an issue where you or a player cannot join the server due to the error “You have been kicked by an operator”. You may be confused as to why they are getting this error if you have not banned this player. If from your server console you see “Whispers: You are not allowed on this server”, it means that the player has their role set to `None` from the players tab on the Game Panel. This can be resolved very easily and we will show you how.
How to resolve
- Head to your Apex Server Panel, then stop the server.
- To the left of the panel, click on the
- Locate the username of the desired player, then click it.
- You will now want to change the players role from
Default Roleand click
- Head back to the main panel page and start the server. The player should now be able to join.
Player still not able to join:
If you have changed the players role from none to default, and they still cannot connect. Head back to the players tab and confirm that they have
banned set to false.