How To Turn Off PVP In a Minecraft Server
Last modified on Nov 24, 2021 in Control Panel
One exciting feature in Minecraft is the player versus player combat, aka PVP. It is the backbone of many different types of servers and gamemodes. While it can be fun in some cases, you may want to block the ability of players to be able to interact in this way. This is useful for peaceful servers that do not want to have to deal with possible disputes if the combat was justified or not between players. In this guide we will go over how you can turn off the ability for players to PVP on your Apex Minecraft server.
How to Turn Off PVP
- Head to your Apex Panel and login.
- Select the Config Files tab on the left hand side of the page.
- Select Server Settings to open the settings menu.
- From here you will want to locate the setting called “Player vs Player”.
- Set this to disabled and click the save button.
- Restart the server and players will then no longer be able to PVP.
PVP is still working
Commonly you may find after adjusting the setting that PVP is still working. Double check that you have set the Player vs Player setting to disabled as well as hit save at the bottom of the server settings page. Without saving, the restart will revert it back to enabled.
How to Ban and Unban Players
How to Edit Config Files
How to Set Up a Whitelist