How to Install Plugins on an Unturned Server
Last modified on Sep 2, 2022 in unturned
By Dalton Whalen
When playing on an Unturned server, you may find normal gameplay to be monotonous, especially when hosting a server for the public or for a group of individuals. To combat this, Unturned servers running OpenMod can install plugins to add new commands, kits, permissions, and more. While an Apex Hosting server is pre-installed with OpenMod, adding plugins can be a bit confusing if you are unfamiliar with the steps. We have created this guide to ease you through the different setup methods to efficiently install plugins on an Unturned server.
Automatic Plugin Installation
- Navigate to the OpenMod plugins page.
- Locate the plugin that you want to add.
- To the right of the plugin, click the
Copy Install Commandbutton.
- Navigate to your Apex Server Panel, then access the
Consoletab on the left.
- In the console, paste in your copied install command, then press
- Wait for the server to automatically install the desired plugin(s).
- Once complete, either restart the server or use the command:
Your plugins should now be loaded up on the server for use!
Manual Plugin Installation
By default, we recommend using the automatic plugin installation for any OpenMod plugins, where it is supported. However, manual installation is also available wherever it is required.
- Locate and download the OpenMod plugin file to your computer.
- Connect to the server using an FTP program to access the files.
- Locate and enter the
Serversfolder, then open your world folder.
- Continue to the
OpenModfolder and then the
- Upload your OpenMod plugin and any included libraries into here.
- Once complete, restart the server or use the
openmod reloadconsole command.
No plugins are working:
If no plugin files are working or nothing happens when using the automatic installation, it may be an issue with OpenMod. To make sure it is enabled, navigate to the
Customizations tab on the server panel. From here, make sure
Unturned OpenMod is checked off. Once it is, restart the server and attempt the installation once more.
Only the manual plugin files are not working:
If only manual plugins files are not working, it may not be compatible with the current version of OpenMod or no longer being properly developed. We recommend only using the automatic installation when possible, so check the OpenMod plugins page for an automatic installation version of your plugin and try that.