How to Add Plugins to a CS:GO Server
Last modified on Mar 3, 2022 in csgo
By Dalton Whalen
When playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive, you may feel that the base-game is lacking or stale. Thankfully, you are able to install Sourcemod and Metamod plugins, allowing you to alter your CS:GO experience. From aesthetic changes such as changing the joining sound to completely changing the gameplay, CS:GO plugins are widely available for use. It can be a bit tricky to get plugins, so we have created this Apex Hosting guide to guide you through the process.
- Proceed to the SourceMod plugins page.
- If needed, use the search options at the top to find a plugin.
- Once located, click on a plugin to open its page.
- Look for a download link or the
Get Pluginbutton at the bottom.
- Save the file to a safe location for later.
Before proceeding, ensure you have SourceMod and MetaMod installed on your server as seen on this guide. Once set up, you can proceed:
- Navigate to your Apex Server Panel, then stop your server.
- Proceed to the
FTP File Access, then log in.
- In the FTP, proceed to the
- From here, create or locate the
pluginsfolder, then enter it.
- In the top-right, press
upload, then drag + drop your .smx plugin files.
- Once all files are at 100%, start the server.
Your server should now boot up with your desired plugins!
My plugins aren’t appearing in-game:
Make sure that the .smx files themselves are uploaded directly into the proper filepath. If they are uploaded anywhere else other than the
/csgo/addons/sourcemod/plugins folder, then they will not load.
I can’t find the file path in the FTP:
Oftentimes, this occurs because Sourcemod and Metamod have not been properly installed. These are needed for plugins to properly load on the server. Ensure you have followed our guide for getting this installed, then try once more.