Minecraft Clumps Mod
Last modified on Dec 13, 2021 in Mods
By Dalton Whalen
Modded servers are such a fragile side to Minecraft. They require so many plugins or mods to optimize the absolute heck out of em’ to relative success. Despite this, when a lot of players are running around having fun, entities tend to stack up. Server veterans tend to make mob farms which utilize hoppers to move the items into chests to prevent lag, but they don’t catch XP orbs.
This is where an awesome, simple mod comes in. Clumps is a mod that causes XP orbs to ‘clump’ up when they’re near each other. This is done to decrease lag when there many many XP orbs in a small area. Today, this blog will go over download and install Clumps along with everything the mod has to offer. Let’s begin.
Clumps is a simple yet effective mod that has the sole purpose of clumping XP orbs together for the sake of reducing server lag and increasing client performance. That’s all it does.
To play with any Forge mod, you’re going to need to download forge. It’s fairly simple and automated, so here’s the steps.
- Download the Forge Installer corresponding to the version of Minecraft you want to play on. Clumps is updated to the latest version of 1.16.5, so that’s what we’ll go with. You can find the official Forge downloads page here.
- Run the jar you’ve downloaded and then select
Install Clienton the pop-up it presents you.
- Open/Reopen your Minecraft launcher and change the installation to
forgeif it did not automatically change.
Now that you have Forge installed, you can download and play any mods you like. For optimization, we’re going with Clumps.
- Head to the official Curseforge page.
- Navigate to the
- Locate and select the latest version of the mod for your installation of Minecraft.
- Check for any dependencies. (Clumps has none)
You can now apply the mod to your Minecraft launcher, allowing you to actually play the mod.
- Go to your windows search bar and type in
- Open up
- Drop the .jar of Clumps that you just downloaded into the mods folder.
- Close all the folders and re-open your Minecraft launcher.
For the mod to work on a server, the server must have the mod installed as well. Make sure you’re running a Forge server.
- Open up your server panel.
- Go ahead and stop your server before proceeding. Once your server is stopped, and offline, click on
FTP file access. Then login. From here you can click on the
- From the mods folder, click on upload then drop the Clumps file we downloaded earlier in.
Once this is fully uploaded 100% 1/1 files, you can click on the name of your server at the top of the page and start your server back up.
Once your server has begun the start up process, you can click on the console tab. In the console tab you can check on the process of your server in case anything goes wrong. Once your server starts up you know you have successfully installed Clumps!
Clumps is entirely automated, and won’t require any commands, items, or inputs. All XP orbs just passively attract each other to create clumps within a certain proximity. In the provided example, you can see the difference between Vanilla Minecraft XP orbs and Clumps orbs.
Quite the small showcase for today! Clumps is not just a lightweight mod, but it truly has only one function. The benefits of including Clumps are massive though, and the reduced lag really comes in clutch as more people join a server. The more players, the more XP orbs could possibly become an issue. This mod does a great job, and I would highly recommend it. With that being said, I hope you learned something, and have a great day.