How to Add Mods to a Conan Exiles Server
Last modified on Nov 29, 2021 in conan
By Dalton Whalen
Do you enjoy playing Conan Exiles, but feel like something extra is necessary to spice up the gameplay? Look no further, since Conan Exiles has a Steam Workshop, there are plenty of user-created mods available for use. Trying to add mods can sometimes be difficult, but with Apex Hosting, adding mods for Conan Exiles is simple. Today we will show you how to get started.
In order to obtain mods for Conan Exiles, we recommend subscribing to a mod directly through the Steam Workshop, as this will download the mods directly.
- In the Steam Workshop, locate the desired mod, then press
Subscribeto download it.
- Once downloaded, visit the Conan Exiles game page, then press the settings wheel.
- Go to Manage > Browse Local Files until a window opens.
- At the top of the file manager, press
- Proceed to workshop > content > then select the folder named
- Here, there will be a folder with numbers depending on each mod. The .Pak files inside are the important mod files.
- Using a program such as 7-ZIP, zip all required .Pak files for an easy upload.
- Navigate to your Apex Server Panel, then stop the server.
- Using FTP, navigate to the
/ConanSandbox/folder, then create and/or enter a
Modsfolder. If the size of the file is very large, consider using an external FTP program instead.
- In this folder, press
Uploadin the top-left, then drag + drop your .zip file.
- Once at 100%, return to the Mods folder, select the .zip, then press
Unzipin the top-right.
- Ensure the file is named
- Inside, add an asterisk ‘*’, followed by the .pak file name.
- For any additional mods, follow the name naming scheme for each line.
- Once done, save the file, ensure it is in the
Modsfolder, then restart the server.
Once here, you are now ready to begin uploading the mod files!
Uploading Mod Files
Enabling the Mods Server-Side
In order to enable the mods, you will need to add a .txt file to the
Mods directory. This can be uploaded from a computer, or created by using
New File in the FTP File Access.
The Conan Exiles server should now start up using your desired mods!
The mods aren’t uploading properly:
Oftentimes, plenty of mod files are very large. When mods become too large, we recommend using an external FTP program in order to upload it for a smoother experience. This can prevent issues when uploading large files and allow easier tracking of the progress.
My mods aren’t appearing in-game:
This can occur for a number of reasons, but it is important to ensure that all of the mod .pak files are unzipped directly into the Mods folder. If they are located anywhere else or inside of other folders, they will not be properly read and will not work.
My mods are in the Mods folder, but it still isn’t working:
In this case, we recommend checking the modlist.txt file. If it is in the Mods folder, ensure it is named exactly as mentioned, otherwise it will not work. In addition, make sure all of the mod names are formatted properly with the asterisk, otherwise it will not locate the proper mod files.