How to Install CurseForge Modpacks
Last modified on Dec 6, 2021 in General
By Dalton Whalen
Installing modpacks is one of the most interesting parts of Minecraft. While vanilla Minecraft can get repetitive after some time, modpacks can change every aspect of the game, adding completely new items and features. In the past, it was very tedious to install large amounts of mods, as they required manual installation. Now with applications like CurseForge, installing modpacks has never been easier. Here at Apex Hosting, we will show you how to install and play with modpacks on the CurseForge launcher.
- In order to download the Curseforge app, navigate to their official download page
- From there, download the version for your operating system.
- Proceed with the installation.
- Once complete, CurseForge/Overwolf should be installed.
From here, you can open the CurseForge app through Overwolf, or open the CurseForge application directly.
In-App Modpack Installation:
One of the CurseForge features is the ability to download modpacks directly through the app, which is very easy to do:
- Open the CurseForge app and ensure it is on Minecraft through the left-side logo.
- At the top, you can search for a modpack or press
- Once you find a suitable modpack, simply press the “Install” Button.
- You can now return to the
My Modpackssection to find the downloaded pack and press
Website Modpack Installation:
Another feature of the CurseForge application is the ability to install modpacks from their website. This is helpful if you get a link to a modpack page and don’t want to manually search for it.
- Navigate to the official CurseForge website.
- Locate the modpack page that you desire and open it.
- In the top-right of the page, press the
- This should redirect you to a new page for the installation.
- If you receive a prompt to open the CurseForge app, accept it to begin the install.
(Optional) Install Custom Modpack Version:
If you desire a specific version of the modpack, this is also an option. You can do this by:
- Navigate to your desired modpack page on the CurseForge website.
- In the top, press
Filesto bring up all modpack versions.
- Locate and click on the one you desire.
- In the top-right, press the
- When redirected, accept the open-app prompt, if it appears.
When complete, the
My Modpacks tab in the CurseForge app should now have your desired modpack.
With that, you should now be ready to install any modpacks that are available on the CurseForge launcher! Whether they are large or small, this is definitely one of the easiest ways to install and maintain modpacks. If it wasn’t already easy, if a modpack has an update, the CurseForge launcher will provide a button to update it to the latest version. With something so simple, anyone can jump in and get started. Enjoy the massive selection of modpacks and as always, have plenty of fun.
Apex Modpack Knowledgebase
How to Change Server Version