How to Join a Terraria Server
Last modified on Sep 2, 2022 in terraria
By Dalton Whalen
Terraria is a 2D survival game focused around exploring, fighting, building, and more. Whether you want to delve into the deepest cave or slay powerful enemies, Terraria offers all of this and more. With randomly generated worlds to explore and survive in, Terraria is fun in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer environments, such as on a dedicated server. Joining a dedicated Terraria server can be a bit confusing if you are unfamiliar with the process, so we have created this Apex Hosting tutorial to guide you through this process.
Locating the IP Address
- Navigate to your Apex Server Panel, then log in.
- Scroll down to the “IP Address:Port” section then make note of your IP.
- Separate your address into the IP and the 5-digit Port.
For example, if you have 22.214.171.124:25612, you will get the following:
IP – 126.96.36.199
Port – 25612
You will need each of these shortly, so ensure you have them on-hand
Joining a Terraria Server
- Launch Terraria, then select “Multiplayer” at the main menu.
- Select “Join via IP”, then select your character when prompted.
- When prompted, enter your IP address without the 5-digit port.
- Next, enter the 5-digit port, then press “Accept”.
You should now begin loading into your server, allowing you to play Terraria by yourself or with others!
I’m unable to join the server with the IP:
There are many reasons why you may be unable to join, however the first step is to ensure that your terraria server is online through the panel. If so, attempt to join again, making sure to enter the IP address and port separately when prompted, otherwise you will be unable to join.
My Journey Mode character cannot join:
Since Journey Mode allows for gameplay customizations similar to a creative-type mode, those characters can only join other Journey-Mode worlds. To fix this, either create a new character or create a new Journey world.