Start a Capture The Flag Server
Last modified on Nov 24, 2021 in gametypes
|Capture The Flag||1.13.2||Checkout|
Setup Time: 5 Mins
Setup Difficulty: Easy
It is likely if you play on some of the biggest Minecraft Servers, you have had a chance to check out the Capture the Flag minigame. This traditional outdoor game is a fierce battle where two teams are given their own flag and must locate, steal, and sneak back the flag to their own base safely. While this game originated as an outdoor game, usually seen from the Boy Scouts of America, it has been brought and developed into Minecraft.
With a few useful plugins, creating a Capture the Flag server is easier than ever. However, some may not know how to properly configure and use plugins. That is why here at Apex, our team has created our own version of this awesome gametype that can be installed to your Minecraft server with a single click. In this guide, we will be covering how you can install this gametype to your Minecraft server and how you can use it.
How to install Capture the Flag
- Navigate to your server control panel.
- Stop your server
- In the JAR File list select “Capture the Flag 1.13.2 (premade)”
- On the popup, select Change version
- Select Create a new world
- Click Restart now
- Done! Now just load up Minecraft 1.13.2 and join your server to start playing Capture the Flag.
- There are two teams, red and blue.
- Your goal is to go to your enemies’ base and grab the flag.
- Once you have the flag, you need to sneak back to your base and place the flag, ultimately scoring you a point.
- Once a team reaches ‘x’ points, they win.
- Players can’t deliver the flag to their base unless their flag is there.
- That means if both flags were picked up, the flag would have to be returned before a point is scored.
View the entire guide to the CTF minigame from the developer here.
We have pre-done all the ranks for you with Member, Mod, Elite, Admin & Owner.
Member - is the default rank everyone will join as with permissions to join and play. Mod - is a staff rank with basic moderation permissions (/kick, /mute, /ban) Admin - has All the permissions to run the server. Owner - has every permission
The ranks can be edited using PEX (Note that you will need to set yourself to owner at first).
That's everything! Capture The Flag is an intense PvP mode that includes many features from various plugins to classic ranks. You're sure to not get bored with the excess of content offered from this gamemode. Whether you're a sneaky flag catpor, a strong defender, or the heated vanguard, you're bound to have fun. With that being said, have a great day!
How To Make a Capture The Flag Server With Apex Hosting
- Select your server package from our pricing page
- On the ‘Configure Your Server’ page, complete the required fields
- Under ‘Server Version’, select your version from the dropdown list
- Complete the order and your Capture The Flag server will be created instantly