Minecraft CommandNPC Plugin
Last modified on May 5, 2022 in plugins
One of the most common seen features in Minecraft Servers is the character models that allow you to either open shops, teleport to worlds/gamemodes, or give you general server information. This is done through the CommandNPC plugin. CommandNPC is what allows the NPCs near spawn to open up the GUI (Graphical User Interface) when you right-click on them.
This plugin is essentially an add on to the Citizens plugin mentioned above and so the commands similarly use the /npc prefix. A list of commands can be found here.
Upon opening the CommandNPC folder in Multicraft there will be the commands.yml file, config.yml file, and language.yml file. The commands.yml file stores the set commands you have created or in this case, already exist in your server, the config.yml has basic plugin information and not much to edit, and the language.yml simply allows you to alter how you want prompts to appear on screen while using the plugin.
Learning how to install and use this plugin is fairly simple and we will be walking you through the process.
How to install CommandNPC
Install through the panel
- Make sure your server is running Bukkit, Spigot, or Paper. You can check this in the jar dropdown on the game panel dashboard.
- To the left of the game panel, press the Plugins List tab.
- Type in “CommandNPC” in the name search and scroll until you find it. Then click on it to open the download page.
- At the bottom of the page, check the version you have selected. It’s good to cross reference this to the official Bukkit or Spigot page.
- Find the correct version from the version dropdown, select it and press install.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. You can check if the plugin was installed successfully by typing “pl” into console.
Install through FTP
- Go to the official CommandNPC page on Bukkit and click on the File tab.
- Find the update that is compatible with your server version and press the download icon.
- Head to the Game Panel and click FTP File Access to the left of the panel.
- Once you login to the FTP File Access you will see a list of your files. Open the plugins folder and click “Upload” to the top left of the page.
- Drag your plugin over to the right side of the page and wait for it to reach 100%.
- Go back to the Game Panel and restart your server. The plugin should now be installed. You can check this by typing “pl” into console.
This plugin has a pretty straightforward usage profile. It is used to add commands that can be performed upon clicking on an NPC that has been created with the Citizens plugin. These commands can range from anything from informative commands to actually executing a command to change the server’s time and anything in between. Any command you’d like to hook to an NPC can be done using this plugin.
Minecraft NPC Commands
This plugin will only work if you have the citizens plugin installed and working
/npc cmdadd : Adds a command when you have an NPC selected /npc cmdinfo : Gets information about the NPC commands you can use /npc cmdremove : Removes any specific command that you’ve attached to an NPC /npc cmdset : Set the different variable for a command you’ve already attached to an NPC /npc cmdreset : Removes all commands attached to an NPC
More in depth command descriptions and their variables can be found via the link under the Basic Description area on this page.