How to Install and Use Advanced Hook Launchers
By Dalton Whalen
Transportation is a staple part of the Minecraft server experience in both survival and creative game modes. Whether it is traveling by minecart, crossing the seas in a boat, or soaring with an elytra, this movement is both fun and useful. While there are many options included in the base game, many mods wish to improve this aspect even more. Introducing Advanced Hook Launchers, a mod that adds various grappling hooks to your game. With three new hook launchers, you will be able to attack enemies, dismount mobs, and swing across the world. Installing mods is simple with the Apex Hosting panel, so we have created this mod to help you get started.
Advanced Hook Launchers and the ForgeEndertech dependency are created by EnderLanky on CurseForge. The mod spans from version 1.7.10 to 1.19 with over 37.9 million downloads at the time of writing. With Advanced Hook Launchers, players can create 3 unique launchers to attack enemies, grab entities, or simply travel the world.
Advanced Hook Launchers Download
- Visit the Advanced Hook Launchers CurseForge page.
Filesat the top of the page to view all downloads.
- Scroll down and locate the version you wish to use.
- Click the
Downloadbutton to the right-hand side.
- Save the file to a safe location for later.
- Download the matching version of ForgeEndertech as well.
With these two mod .jar files downloaded, you are ready to install them on your server and client to begin playing.
- Navigate to your Apex server panel, then log in.
- Scroll down to the
Game Filesection, then open the dropdown.
- Ensure you are running the matching version of Forge.
- After this, enter the
FTP File Accessfrom the left-hand menu and log in.
- Here, locate or create the
modsfolder, then enter it.
Uploadin the top-left, then drag + drop the mod files.
- Once at 100% uploaded, return to the main panel page.
- Restart the server to load up Forge with your installed mods.
Before you can join your server, all players must ensure that the mod has been installed on their own game.
- Ensure you have installed the matching version of Forge client-side.
- Open your Minecraft launcher, then press
Installationsat the top.
- Hover over your installation, then press the
- In the new file browser, locate or create the
modsfolder and enter it.
- Paste the two mod .jar files into this location.
- Return to the Minecraft launcher, then press
Upon first spawning into the world, nothing may appear different. This is due to all of the modded items being crafted manually using vanilla materials.
The main part of each hook launcher, the launcher prototype, is combined with a variety of hooks that provide different effects.
- Iron Ingot x5
- Redstone Repeater x2
- Stone Button x2
- Iron Ingot x4
- Tripwire x1
- Iron Ingot x3
- Stick x1
- Tripwire x1
- String x2
- Cobweb x1
With your desired hook created, you will then need to combine it with more vanilla items, primarily depending on dyes and string. Each of these hook launchers have their own distinct use, so creating one of each may be beneficial.
Pudge Hook Launcher
- Attaches to trees, poles, bars, and fences.
- Auto-reels after attaching.
- Pulls entities and players.
- Dismounts riding entities.
- Removes torches, bells, and lanterns.
- Medium distance, high strength.
Spear Hook Launcher
- Attaches to any blocks except high-hardness like metal and obsidian.
- Damages entities on hit.
- Will break glass on impact.
- Long distance, medium strength.
- Medium elasticity and fire resistance.
Web Hook Launcher
- Sticks to any surface except sandy blocks.
- Does not inflict damage.
- Long distance, low strength.
- High elasticity, but low fire resistance.
Using the Launchers
With your hook launcher created, you are ready to begin using it. Aside from the Pudge Hook Launcher’s auto reel feature, each of the controls are the same.
Launch Hook – Left Mouse Button
Unhook – Left Shift + Left Mouse Button
Pull – Press/Hold Left Mouse Button
Loosen – Left Control + Left Mouse Button
Swing – W-A-S-D
Jump Boost – Left Shift + Space while pulling hook
Tarzan Jump – Double tap Space while swinging
Release – Left Shift + Left Mouse Button
I receive an error when joining the server:
This is often caused by an issue where the mods are not properly loaded up on your own game. First, ensure the mod .jar files were properly installed into your computer’s mods folder. Once this is done, double check that you are choosing your Forge profile when starting Minecraft, otherwise the mods will not load. Once you confirm everything has loaded up, attempt to join the server once again.
I can see the items, but they are not working on the server:
If you are receiving this issue, try using the mod on a singleplayer world. If the mod functions as intended, then it is likely an issue with the server. Ensure the server is running the matching version of Forge, in addition to having both mod files installed before playing. When both the version and mods match, the items should work as intended.
The game provides an error when starting up:
Oftentimes, this error is caused by an issue with Forge or a missing dependency. To determine how to fix it, check the error message to see what is causing it to occur. Most often, the message will be related to an incorrect version of Forge or a missing dependency. To rectify these problems, make sure Forge and the mods are for the same version. In addition to this, make sure the ForgeEndertech dependency is also installed on both the server and client.